Sunday, June 3, 2012

Hello's and such, and a pregnant women's self percetpion

Where to begin? The beginning is always a good place! Hello everyone, my name is Jon, and I'm a dad to be. I wanted to start a little blog to share some of my experiences with a pregnant wife (who is as lovely as ever, even at 8 months pregnant) and my first little boy. It's been a crazy ride so far, and I've learned some interesting things, and I've also learned some things I didn't particularly care to know about the female anatomy (my fellow new dads to be will know what I'm talking about). It's my hope that in this blog I can impart some of the things I have learned, and will continue to learn, so that no one repeats my mistakes, and that we can share some laughs at my expense. I also hope to learn some new things from my fellow dad's to be. 
My beautiful wife and I in one of our maternity pictures

Let me start by pointing out one of the obvious things I've learned with a pregnant wife: DO NOT AGREE WITH HER WHEN SHE SAYS SHE IS GETTING FAT! This is a trap, and the proper way to sidestep this trap is to simply say "No dear, you're not getting fat, you're just as lovely as ever". This was a painful lesson to learn. Don't even try to justify the weight by saying "Sweety, its just because you have a baby in your belly", women in general seem to not accept this as an excuse. They see extra weight as just that, extra weight. I've brought my wife to tears (I'm sorry!) by making this mistake. So let that be the first experience to christen this new blog. Dad's to be, women will find any reason to call themselves fat, don't fall into this trap, just re-assure them that they are as beautiful as ever, and bonus points by proving it in bed! you'll be happier for it, and your wife will definitely appreciate it!
Thanks for taking the time to read, and I hope that this is the first of many new dad experiences. Please feel free to post some of your own experiences with this in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment